Over the past year, I have watched my entire world transform, with some resistance here and there, but with much intensity, awe, and humble awareness of the fact that I really have a lot to learn. I find myself wishing that there were 10 more hours in each day, just so that I can read books that fill my soul, and write words that soothe my heart. I’ve watched people stare at me in amazement (almost terror) as I articulate the things that I have awakened to in the past year. I have also encountered people who know exactly WHO I AM. I have reflected on my life and its purpose, felt magical and wondrous, and also questioned the energy I exert 75% of the day. I’ve reached some conclusions about my experience in the here and now and I’d like to share them (in a nutshell).
1. We have to fulfill some day to day tasks that we don’t like (I don’t ever look forward to making sack lunches, for example), but that doesn’t mean that we are ignoring our purpose. Sometimes the day to day grind is what keeps us grounded.
2. There are beautiful things in EVERY single frame that we see with our magnificent eyes. It doesn’t matter what we’re looking at, there is beauty to behold. FIND IT. It is always there.
3. When we feel like we want to strangle someone, counting to ten is usually a better option. Better yet, incorporate breathing… the body and soul will thank us.
4. There are always people who can relate…. sometimes we just need to find them. I live in Utah… not the most progressive place on the planet, but I still manage to connect with a few people who really understand me. Love every single friend for their connection and lesson.
5. Sometimes life is stressful. I have an interview this afternoon and feel much more anxiety than is warranted. When I remember that things happen exactly as they should, my heart is able to slow down to 140 beats a minute instead of 170. Ha. Kidding. I won’t have a heart attack, but I’ll be happy as hell when it is over, regardless of the outcome. No matter the situation, we must remember that there is always a purpose and, ultimately, a plan. Through the stress and difficult times, we can find gratitude in the plans and the lesson.
6. Our divine self… that still, small voice is always in our corner. When we feel like no one is on our side, we are wrong. There are angels all around us… rooting for us, in every single moment.
7. We have a Purpose and our Soul is anxiously awaiting our next decision, our next move, our understanding that there is a BIG PICTURE. When we start living our lives by our purpose, we feed our soul and experience the magic that this life has to offer.
8. We are part of a larger purpose, the Whole. What we do affects everything around us. Put something positive out there and we affect the world in a positive way. Put something negative out there (including thoughts) and we not only hurt ourselves, but we also affect the people around us (hence, the connection to the whole).
9. Feel whatever is there to feel. Sadness deserves attention, pain deserves attention, and trauma deserves attention. Nurture our pain… nurture our soul.
10. PAY ATTENTION! If we ‘notice’ a nudge, a feeling, a message… anything, remember that there are no coincidences. Life unfolds just as it should and when we pay attention to the messages, we support our own paths. If we pay close enough attention we’ll even see signs from the other side.
11. My favorite number is 11 and here we are are at #11 (it also happens to be the 11th ). Your Road to Soul is different than mine (find part two and part three here). What is Your Road and where does it lead?